Domestic Animal Rescue Shelter
From 1 Week $ 595
Price List For 2018
1 Week $ 595
2 Weeks $ 995
4 Weeks $ 1495
8 Weeks $ 2495
We’d love to see more of you! Please inquire for longer or tailor made stays.
How you'll be involved
The primary task for volunteers is loving and playing with the cats and dogs.
Other tasks include: brushing, cat sitting in the Cat Garden, walking the dogs, sorting and pricing goods for the fundraising Garage Sales, doing environmental clean-ups on the farm and along the river bank or handyman work, tiling and painting or fixing kennels and fences.
Volunteers must be over 18yrs of age to walk dogs and you’ll be required to do a brief orientation on a Saturday or Sunday from 10 – 11 am.
Bring closed shoes and old clothes or clothes you don’t mind getting dirty.
Any toys that you bring are welcome since volunteers spend a lot of time playing with the animals and toys get used up. Bring some sugar free peanut butter to mix into their food.
The shelter is self funded and very much in need of funds, so any donations are welcome.
If you love cats and dogs, this is a wonderful opportunity to help out, and make a huge difference in our furry friends’ lives.
This project is in need of funds. Anything you can do either before you arrive, during your stay or after you leave will be greatly appreciated. Perhaps you could:
- Find ways to collect dog and cat food whilst you are with us.
- Donate old household goods, books, second hand clothing to DARG to sell at the monthly garage sales for fundraising.
- Link from your blog or website to ours.
- Chat to our staff or fundraising team to find other ways to put your skills and connections to good use.
- Think out of the (dog) box