Hout Bay Youth Project
From 1 Week $ 595
Price List for 2018
1 Week $ 595
2 Weeks $ 995
4 Weeks $ 1495
8 Weeks $ 2495
Additional Week $ 295
We’d love to see more of you! Please inquire for longer or tailor made stays.
How volunteers will be involved
- Take part in various activities
- Setting up equipment for the kids
- Helping to supply nourishing meals to the children
- Getting to know the kids in the various classes and providing mentorship for them
- Taking part in the organization of special events such as concerts, shows and sports events
- Bringing and sharing any special skills you may have
- Organizing and accompanying children on excursions, eg to the beach
- Getting involved in the community – trips to schools and meeting parents
- Helping with the daily running and admin of the project
To inspire and empower youth through arts:
- To offer exciting fun-filled activities as healthy alternative choices to the negative influences that our youth are exposed to in their communities on a daily basis.
- To create a safe place where all feel welcome, respected and encouraged to make positive changes in their own and each other’s lives.
- To provide quality skills training in various arts forms including IT and photography and other employable skills where life skills and basic business understanding and career planning will form an integral part.
- To identify new talent and guide individuals towards creating a future for themselves.
- To provide nourishment to youth who come from homes where there is often no food in the house.
- Target Groups:
With special focus on youth from single parent or abusive homes:
- Youth at risk – aged between 9 and 13 who are not attending school or falling into criminal hands.
- Youth aged between 14 and 25 who need help with schoolwork especially to pass their matric.
- Youth who are not at school or who finished school and who are looking how to enter the job market.
- Any youth with special interests or needs that we can offer that he or she would not otherwise have access to.